Day 1. Lake Manyara.
Depart Arusha in the morning for Lake Manyara, arriving in time for lunch. Stretching for 50km along the base of the rusty gold 600-metre high Rift valley escarpments, Lake Manyara is a scenic gem, with a setting extolled by Ernest Hemingway as “the loveliest I had seen in Africa”. The compact game viewing circuit through Manyara offers a virtual microcosm of the Tanzanian safari experience. Afternoon game drive to explore the park. Dinner and overnight at lodge.
Day 2. Ngorongoro crater.
After early breakfast, depart for Ngorongoro crater arriving in time for lunch. After lunch descend the crater with a special 4WD. Called the eighth wonder of the world and stretching across some 8,300 sq km, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in northern Tanzania boasts a blend of landscapes, wildlife, people and archaeology that is unsurpassed in Africa. The volcanoes, grasslands, waterfalls and mountain forests are home to an abundance of animals and to the Maasai. In the evening ascend the crater for Dinner and overnight at a lodge.
Day 3. Tarangire National Park.
After breakfast drive to Tarangire Park. After lunch leave for an afternoon game drive to explore the park famous for its tree-climbing pythons. The fierce sun sucks the moisture from the landscape, baking the earth into a dusty red, the withered grass as brittle as straw. The Tarangire River has shriveled to a shadow of its wet season self but it is choked with wildlife. Tarangire’s pythons climb trees, as do its lions and leopards, lounging in the branches where the fruit of the sausage tree disguises the twitch of a tail. Meals and overnight at lodge.
Day 4. Arusha.
After breakfast enjoy a morning game viewing drive in the Tarangire National Park return to lodge for lunch and in the afternoon depart to Arusha town to your next destination.
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated on each itinerary
- Ground transportation with an English speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Game drives or sightseeing depending on the itinerary – where indicated
- Park or reserve entry fees – where applicable
- Olduvai museum visit – where applicable
- Airport or border transfers – unless stated otherwise on the itinerary
- Visas (currently US$ 50 per person)
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Any internal flights and departure taxes (with Tanzania)
- International flights and departure taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, telephone, postage etc..
- Holiday (Christmas, Easter) and other seasonal surcharges