Day 1 : Nairobi to Naro Moru
Leave Nairobi in the morning and head to Naro Moru the base camp at the Mt. Kenya Youth Hostel. After lunch we will debrief and check the mountain gear. Then we will have free time and relax at the Youth Hostel Camp site where we will have dinner and stay overnight.
Day 2 : Old Moses
After an early breakfast we will drive for 1 1/2 hours to Sirimon Gate. You will check in here and start walking 3-4 hours for 9 km to Judmaier Camp at 3,350 m. You will have dinner and stay overnight.
Day 3 : Judmaier to Shipton's Camp
After breakfast you will begin your hike and proceed on crossing Ontulilli stream several times. You will continue straight to Liki North stream coming to the top ridge and down to Mackinder's Valley and then finally to Ship ton's Camp at 4,200 m where we will have dinner and stay overnight.
Day 4 : Shipton's to Austrian Hut
After breakfast start ascending through the Simba Col, a steep ridge that takes about one hour to climb via Simba Tarn. We will have amazing views as we approach Delamere Peaks and hike down to Austrian Hut at 4,790 m where we will have dinner and stay overnight.
Day 5 : Point Lenana
Leave at 5:00 am and start ascending across Lewis Glacier to arrive at Point Lenana around 6.30 am for the sunrise. After enjoying the spectacular views proceed down to Mackinders Camp for breakfast and then descend to the Met Station for dinner and overnight.
Day 6 : Met Station to Nairobi
Depart at 7:30 am and walk for 9 km through the tropical rain forest to Naro Moru gate where will get picked up by a 4 WD and then return back to Nairobi.
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
|Group size||2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|