Day 1 - NAIROBI - ARUSHA
Pick from your Nairobi Hotel. Leave for Arusha by shuttle bus via Namanga border town. Arrive in time for lunch. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight at an Arusha hotel.
Day 2 - ARUSHA - MACHAME
Drive to Machame village. The climb begins at the end of the tarmac road. Walk through the shamba and through the forest to the Machime hut (3,000m) in about 06 hours overnight in tents after dinner.
Day 3 - MACHAME - SHIRA
Cross the village and continue along the steep ridge going on to rock ridges and through heather. The route turns west into a river gorge, reaching Shira hut (3,800m) Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 4 SHIRA - BARRANCO
Continue east towards Kibo passing the junction, then east towards the Lava Towers . Shortly after this, you climb down to Barranco Hut. (3,940m) Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 5 BARRANCO - BARAFU
From Barranco a steep rocky climb, passing the Barranco wall, then up and down until you come to Karanga Valley and then on to Barafu Hut (4,600) Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 6 - BARAFU - MWEKA - HOROMBO
Very early start for the summit, first to Stella point and then to Uhuru peak (5,896m) There are two ways to descend on this route-Marangu or Mweka. The Mweka Hut will take about 06 hours. The route is steep but picturesque. The Marangu route - Uhuru - Kibo - Horombo is the main route, it is easier but can be dusty and busy. It is also longer.
Day 7 - MWEKA - HOROMBO - ARUSHA
Mweka hut to mweka Gate will take about 3 hours, Horomboo to Marangu Gate will take about 6 hours. Drive to Arusha for hot shower, dinner and warm bed.
Day 8 -ARUSHA - NAIROBI
After breakfast leave for Nairobi by morning or afternoon shuttle bus where the tour ends
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
|Group size||2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|