Hiking on Mt Kilimanjaro, Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking, Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, Mountain Hiking in Tanzania
UMBWE ROUTE 8 DAYS
Day 1 NAIROBI - ARUSHA
Leave Nairobi for Arusha by shuttle bus arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon spent at leisure and shopping for the provisions needed for the mountain. Dinner and overnight at an Arusha hotel.
Day 2 - ARUSHA - LAVA CAVES
After breakfast, transfer to Marangu gate and then to Umbwe village to start the climb. Climb for four hours through the rainforest to camp at the caves 2,800m above the sea level.
Day 3 - LAVA CAVES - BARRANCO
After breakfast, continue ascend along a sharp ridge, giving a distinct high mountain feeling then unto the Moorland Camp and arrive by mid afternoon. Stay at Barranco hut, 3,900m.
Day 4 - BARRANCO HUT - ARROW GRACIER
A four hours walk past enormous breach walls to camp at the foot of the arrow Gracier. A leisurely afternoon and evening, acclimatizing at around 4,900m and watching the sunset behind Mt. Meru.
Day 5 - ARROW GRACIER - KILIMANJARO CRATER RIM
Climbing the same steep walls and scrambling up the screen and across the frozen lava on the tottering wall. We camp on the stunning crater rim of Kilimanjaro.
Day 6 -KILIMANJARO CRATER RIM - HOROMBO HUT
You trek up the highest point in Africa , Uhuru peak, (5,896m). Descend via Gilman's point and onto Kibo hut for dinner and overnight (3,761m)
Day 7 -HOROMBO HUT - ARUSHA
After breakfast, descend to the Marangu Park Gate via Mandara. You will be transferred to Arusha for dinner and overnight.
Day 8- ARUSHA - NAIROBI
After breakfast, leave for Nairobi by morning or afternoon shuttle bus where the tours ends.
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
|Group size||2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|